Getting Connected & Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a customer of Savant Energy, we have set out below information that you may find useful.
Get Connected

Download the Residential Agreement Form

Click here to Download


Download the Moving Out Form

Click here to Download


Download the Direct Debit Form

Click here to Download


If you have a query that you would like to be investigated by the savant energy team, Please fill in all of the fields below.

[ninja_forms id=5]


What time will connection occur?

Standard or priority connections will generally occur between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.

Do I need to be at home for connection?

Generally you do not need to be at home for connection to occur, however you do need to ensure your main switch in your tenancy is turned off.

How do I know I have been connected?

Turn the main switch in your tenancy to the on position, and ensure the safety switch is also on. If there is no electricity, turn off the main switch and safety switch as connection can occur any time between 8am abd 8pm.

What are the Fees and Charges?

For full details on the various fees and charges visit Bills Explained.


What is an Account Establishment Fee?

This is a one-off fee charged at the commencement of a new residential account.

What is a Payment Processing Fee?

May apply when you pay a bill using a payment method that results in us incurring a merchant services fee.

We are charged a merchant services fee by your financial institution when you pay by credit card, which is normally up to 1% (GST inclusive) of the total payment. We pass the merchant services charge on to you as the payment processing fee.

What is a Final Read Fee/Disconnection Fee?

When an SEPN customer advises of a move out or transfer to an alternative retailer. SEPN will arrange for a special metre read. Usage upto the termination date will be charges on the final invoice.

The fee will cover the cost of the final metre read, administration fee to close your account and in certain cases will involve the disconnection of supply.

What is an Early Termination Fee?

These fees are payable if customers terminate their contract before the fixed term (typically between 1 and 3 years).

What is Late Payment Fee?

Applies when you pay a bill after the bill due date. This will cover the cost of the administration required to send reminder notices and to follow up unpaid bills.

What is Reconnection Fee?

May apply to re-establish service on all accounts that have been disconnected for nonpayment.

What is Cheque dishonour payment fee?

You write a cheque; when it’s presented for payment your account doesn’t have enough funds for the cheque to clear, so the cheque is dishonoured and you’re penalized by charging you cheque dishonour payment fee.

What is Direct Debit dishonour payment fee?

You ask your bank to make regular payments to SEPN account (for example to pay your SEPN bill) but when the payment is processed your account has insufficient funds and the transaction is declined. You will be charged a Direct Debit dishonor payment fee.

What is Daily Supply Charge?

A charge that applies for supplying electricity to your premises for each day of the billing period, regardless of how much electricity you use.

SEPN offers several payment options:
Direct Debit Authority
The direct debit or automatic payment method is an easy way to ensure that your energy bills are paid on time maximising your opportunity to receive the early payment discounts.

To access this option please download the direct debit authority for full terms and conditions and to set up or alter your existing direct debit details.

Alternatively please feel free to contact us on (08) 7009 4555 and we can help arrange this over the phone.

To ensure ease of bill payment, SEPN offer the ability to pay using the BPAY facility provided by your bank or financial institution.

Payment can be made from cheque, savings, debit or transaction accounts. Further information is available at

Please ensure you use correct BPAY biller code and reference number to ensure that payment allocations are correct.

The BPAY biller code and reference number details can be found on the last page of your bill under payment options.

Pay by Credit Card
You can pay your SEPN bill via phone by calling (08) 7009 4555. Payment can be made using either Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

Please ensure you have your account reference number handy before proceeding. These are the same details as specified under the POSTbillpay payment option.

Pay by Mail
If you wish to pay by cheque or money order this can be done simply by sending us your payment slip (torn off from the bottom of your bill) together with either cheque or money order made payable to Savant Energy Power Networks Pty Ltd.

Please address the envelope to GPO Box 443, Adelaide SA 5000.

SEPN designed a Hardship Program to assist our residential customers who are experiencing difficulties in paying their electricity bills.

To determine if you qualify for any Government concessions, please CLICK HERE.
How to apply for the Hardship Program?

Customers may contact SEPN customer service through email ( or phone (8125 9607) to indicate to SEPN your current payment difficulties. SEPN customer service will discuss the individual circumstances with clients to gain a clear understanding of circumstances, eligibility, and indicate that they will revert within a 24 hour period on an offer of possible payment terms. This will be an initial “capacity to pay” interview.

Will Anyone Else Find Out I Am Having Difficulty Paying My Bills?

No. We value your privacy. Our Customer Service will treat you with respect, compassion and understanding that includes keeping your information confidential and only disclosing or using it in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 and SEPN’s Privacy Policy.

Energy Bill Concession
The South Australian Energy Rebate recently increased to $215 per year. The full amount of the concession you are entitled to will be paid through your electricity bills.

To be eligible you must hold one of the following concession cards:

• A Pensioner Concession Card or DVA Gold Card (TPI, EDA or War Widow).
• A Centrelink Health Care Card (including a low income health care card).
• A Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.

Receive an eligible Centrelink allowance*.

You are eligible to claim a concession if:

• The address for which you are claiming the concession is your principal place of residence.
• Your name appears on your electricity bill and
• You are not living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they are your spouse/domestic partner/dependant, or they receive an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

How to Apply?

Applications will be submitted directly to Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) for processing. You can either fill out the application form online or download the application form and send it to:

Reply Paid 292
Adelaide SA 5001


Alternatively, you may also call DCSI Concessions Hotline on 1800 307 758 for more information about eligibility and application forms.


13 13 66


In case of emergencies and power interruptions, please call:

SA Power Networks

13 13 66 (24 hours)

Life Support Equipment

Life support machines are equipped for uninterrupted power supply and not subject to outages.

[ninja_forms id=10]